Saturday 17 March 2018

Saying Hello

Here we are, more than halfway through March already.

Winter has returned after spring pretended to be arriving after we suffered from The Beast from the East and Storm Emma. A few nice days inbetween the rainy ones. Yesterday I wore a thin top as it was warm, left my coat at home. Today we have the Mini Beast from the East descended upon us. It is 0c - freezing point - and I hate to think what the real-feel is with the biting wind that is blowing hard and fast! We have snow, just flurries at the moment and, so far, it is too wet to settle....but it is early days yet. We shouldn't get as much snow as last time, should be only half the amount.....time will tell.

I am staying home in the warm. I have my pork shoulder steaks winter warmer bubbling away in the slow cooker, ready for tonight's dinner - I do so love my slow cooker - it is like having someone else cook me a meal.

This weather keeps stopping us from traveling to our holiday home, our lovely static caravan we bought last September. We closed it down for the winter in early October and are so keen to go back now the site has reopened for the new season, but....  sigh! Not really the weather to take our dog on the beach for a run and I sure don't want to dip my toe in the sea just yet lol
Maybe, just maybe, we can get there before Easter arrives.....

At least I have time enough to play on PSP right now with being housebound again, so there may be more masks and goodies coming this way.

Hugs

Jani


No comments:

Post a Comment